Sciatica causes are Numerous. First we will like to enlist the causes of sciatica. They can be classified into different groups.
The groups include the followings.
Due to primary involvement of nerve.
2. Arsenic poisoning
3. Lead poisoning.
4. Post herpetic neurologic
- Avitaminosis like Calcium deficiency
Due to aging, Extra use of lumbar spine and hip joint.
Sciatica Causes from secondary nerve involvement.
A. Intra spinal compression
- Prolapsed intervertebral disc (PIVD)
- Trauma, injury, stress, strain
- Intervertebral foramen compression
- Neuro fibroma.
- Spondylolisthesis, spondylosis, osteoarthritis etc.
- Vertebral Disease- Tumour, Meningioma, Tuberculosis
- Intraspinal tumour
- Post traumatic arachnoiditis.
- Intrathecal Ingection
B. Extra Spinal Causes
- Compression within the pelvis of buttock
- Pelvic inflammation, Malignancy etc
- Extra pelvic factors like trauma, hip dislocation etc.
Sciatica Causes should be identified to prevent the disease, and cure the patient.