Cataract Eye Treatment
- Cataract refers to development of any opacity in the lens of the eye. This may be congenital, developmental and degenerative or senile or acquired cataract.
- This is the most common eye disease among aged population and can be prevented and arrest the progression through Ayurvedic medicines and procedures.
- Main risk factors for cataract development include Age, Ultraviolet radiation, diet deficient in vitamins (Vit-E, C, riboflavin) and diabetes mellitus.
- Symptoms include: Glare- intolerance of bright light such as direct sunlight or the headlights of oncoming vehicles. Doubling or trebling of objects, coloured halos, black spots in front of eyes, image blur, distortion of image, misty vision and diminish of vision are other prominent symptoms in cataract.
- According to Ayurveda Cataract is correlated with KACHA where vitiated dosha lodged in third patala/layer of the dristi/lens of the eye.
- Though surgery is the only recommended procedure after full maturation of the cataract lens but immature or in the beginning stage of cataract can be prevented through Ayurvedic procedures like Virechana, Nasya, Basti, Shirobasti, Tarpana, Seka , Aschyotana and Anjana with different Ayurvedic medications and through life style modification.
- We at Astanga Ayurveda provide holistic eye care under Cataract Prevention and Reversal Program (CPRP) for persons approaching 40 years of age or more than 40 and immature cataract stages.