What is back painMarch 18, 2013
Back pain treatmentMarch 29, 2013
I strongly advocate to avoid laminectomy or discectomy (in short spinal surgery) if it is not badly necessary for the doctor to make a decision. But why?
- There is risk.
- There is chance of complication.
- There is chance of failure.
- There is chance of recurrence.
- There is chance of “no scope for further treatment”.
- Only surgery cannot help without the support of physiotherapy.
All of the above problems can be by-passed with the help of Ayurveda Panchakarma treatment at Astang Ayurveda.
- The treatment is done with some internal medicine and external soft touch treatment. There is no risk.
- The herbs are natural like the vegetarian food and the treatment are very soft, external, sophisticated, logic based, time tasted. There is no chance of complications.
- The Ayurvedic treatment may fail in handling the disease, but it will not leave the disease devastated like any other treatment, specially the surgery. At this point, with no success it is not a failure.
- There is least chance of recurrence of the low back pain, as the the muscles, nerves, ligaments are toned with the different types of Ayurvedic treatments.
- As Ayurveda panchakarm treatment is a natural treatment and does not interfere into the physiology or pathology of the disease, any further treatment can be taken to manage PIVD.
- Vyayam cikitsa is an ancient practice in Ayurveda which is similar to physiotherapy. Thus Ayurveda is a complete package for the treatment of PIVD.
Next time I will come with the line of treatment of back pain.