Ayurveda, the heavenly word brings a stimulation in body, a vibration in mind and adds purity to the soul. The word Ayurveda is a composition of two words called Ayu and Veda. Ayu means life, Veda means science. So Ayurveda is the science of life. It is a life science. It is just not a health science.
It teaches how to start the day. It teaches what to do round the day. It narrates how to end the day. It shouts how to modify self round the year.
Ayurveda believes most of the diseases and their complications are the ultimate consequence of wrong food habit and life style. Ayurveda says immunity is not a one night mission. It is a life time achievement which cannot be acquired from the synthetic medicines. Rather we can gain it from the herbs which have life and sense inside.
Ayurveda believes there is a universe out side and inside our body and an equilibrium between the two is called a good health.
Ayurveda in Gyst
In gyst, Ayurveda, the science of life that teaches the art of life and living and livelihood is a noble God gift to all the living beings on this earth. Ayurveda is just not a science of health and medicine. It is a concept of life. All the material available and used for a good life are Ayurvedic, by concept not by their properties inside. All the people working for the mankind are Ayurvedic, by concept not by degree. All the treatments available to cure the disease and prevent the unseen ones by pacifying treatment or detoxifying treatment are Ayurvedic, by concept not by mechanism.
- The globalized economic policy has created an atmosphere to conceive an interest in healthy life style and preventive health care.
- People focus more on preventive health care.
- People understand that pill is not the only heal.
- Vaccination is not the only way for immunization and preventive health.
- Preventive health and immunization is not a whole night achievement.
- There are some diseases which are still not well understood by the modern medicine.
- There are some diseases which can be well managed by Ayurveda.
- People from rural India to Rome speak about Ayurveda.
Written by: Dr A P Nayak