Age and Date of Birth 45 Yrs. 26.01.1973
Address Sreebhavan, Adarshnagar-141,Pattom, P.O, Thiruvananthapuram 695004
Telephone and e mail Mob: 09447361304. firstname.lastname@example.org
Occupation Associate Professor
Official Address Dept of Roganidana Govt Ayurveda College,Trivandrum, Kerala.
Educational Qualifications 1.BAMS – First Rank with Gold Medal, 2. MD (Ay) – Kayachikitsa (General Medicine), 3. MD (Ay) – Roganidana (Pathology)
SELECTED AS THE BEST AYURVEDA TEACHER (ATHREEYA AWARD) by Government of Kerala -2013-14.
Details of Educational Qualification
- BAMS from University of Kerala in 1997 – First Rank holder and Gold medalist. State first in BAMS.
- First Post graduation from University of Kerala in KAYACHIKITSA in 2000. Thesis title – “Aetiopathogenesis of Jwara with special reference to the management of Rheumatic fever.”
- Second Post graduation from Kannur University in Roganidana in 2008.Thesis title – “A critical study on the aetiopathogenesis of Stress and Stress related diseases among Information Technology Professionals.
- ”PhD – Course work examination passed. Thesis to be submitted to University of Kerala.
- Worked as Lecturer in Dept of Roganidana and Kayachikitsa in Alva’s Ayurveda Medical College, Moodbidri, Karnataka from 2000 – 2002.
- Worked as Lecturer in Dept of Roganidana in Govt Ayurveda College, Kannur from 2002 – 2008.
- Worked as Asst.Professor in Dept of Roganidana, Govt Ayurveda College Thiruvananthapuram from July 2008-2010.
- Currently working as Associate Professor in PG Dept of Roganidana, Govt Ayurveda College, Thiruvananthapuram.
- Recently Nominated Member, Scientific Advisory Group for Research in Ayurvedic Science, New Delhi.
- Published a book-NIDANAM-The objective version of Madava Nidana in 2003.
- Published a book – COMPETITIVE AYURVEDA-The objective version of Ashtanga Hrudaya, Susrutha Samhitha and Charaka Samhitha in 2007.
- Published a book -The objective version of Kasyapa Samhitha and Sarnghadhara Samhitha in 2008.
- Published a book on Panchakarma and was released in December 2010 in the World Ayurveda Conference held at Bangalore, India.
- Editor of the book –‘Ayurvedic Approach to Endosulfan related diseases’, which is published in August 2011.
- Editor of the book ‘Ayurvedic Approach to geriatric diseases’ published by Govt of Kerala in 2012.
- Published a book on Diabetes Mellitus for public which was released on World Diabetic Day 2012.
- Winner of the first Vaidyan K.G.K.Panickar memorial award of Rs 25,000 presented by Kerala Ayurveda Pharmacy Limited for the BEST OUTGOING AYUREDIC STUDENT OF THE KERALA STATE in 1996- 97.
- Winner of the Nagarjuna Research Foundation award in 1996- 97.
- Winner of the Gold Medal awarded by All Kerala Govt Ayurveda College Teachers Association in 1996- 97.
- Winner of the Gold medal awarded by University of Kerala in 1996- 97.
- Winner of the special prize for best Ayurveda student awarded by Vaidyamatom 1996- 97.
- Won the Research award of Kerala Ayurveda as one among the finalist in All India PG Thesis competition – Gaveshakarathna- 2008.
Achievements in Arts and Literature during Education
- Won the title-“KALAPRATHIBHA” (University Level Youth festival Arts Champion) – from University of Kerala in 1993-94.
- Won the title-“KALAPRATHIBHA” (University Level Youth festival Arts Champion) – from University of Kerala in 1994-95.
- Won the Award for BEST POET (KAKKAD KAVITHA AWARD) in University of Kerala in 1995.
- Represented Kerala state in WORLD MALAYALAM CONFERENCE, held at GERMANY in 1995
- Presented self written poems in Audio – Visual Medias.
- Published Poems and Short Stories in different Malayalam publications.
Social Activities and Achievements during Govt Service
- Worked as the Programme Officer of National Service Scheme in Govt Ayurveda College, Kannur from 2002-2006.
- Worked as the Programme Officer of National Service Scheme in Govt Ayurveda College, Thiruvananthapuram from 2008 – 2010.
- Selected as the Team Leader of KERALA STATE TEAM in the NSS National Integration Camp held at Banaras Hindu University, UP in 2004.
- Selected as the BEST PROGRAMME OFFICER of National Service Scheme of Kannur University in 2004-05.
- Won the title of BEST PROGRAMME OFFICER at NATIONAL LEVEL in the NSS National Integration Camp held at Bhanarus Hindu University in 2004.
- Winner of ‘AYURVEDA PRACHARAK SAMRAT AWARD’ presented by AYURVEDAMRUTHAM, PUNE, MAHARASHTRA, in 2013 for propagating Ayurveda among public.
- Conducted a good number of Public Awareness classes on Ayurveda and public health in the rural areas of Kannur district.
- Conducted Personality development and leadership training classes for students in different colleges under Kannur University.
- Conducted a series of free Ayurvedic medical camps for the common public under the NSS activities in the rural areas of the state.
- Team leader of the Chikungunya management Medical team from GAVC, Kannur, worked in the affected areas of Pathanamthitta district in 2007.
- Conducted 5 Ten day Special camps in villages under NSS activities from 2003-2006.
- Conducted 3 Nature camps in wild life sanctuaries – Aralam wild life sanctuary and Tholpetty wild life sanctuary Wayanadu for environmental awareness for students of Ayurveda under NSS activities from 2003-2006.
- Worked as Coordinator for conducting Medical camps in ENDOSULFAN AFFECTED AREAS of Kasargod district during 2012.
- Worked as Coordinator for conducting GERIATRIC MEDICAL CAMPS in Kannur DISTRICT during 2013.
- Presented weekly TV Shows in the local channels promoting Ayurveda.
Leadership and Organizational activities
- General Secretary of Govt Ayurveda College Union at Thiruvananthapuram in 1994.
- General Convener of AYURFEST – All Kerala Inter Ayurveda College Arts Festival held at Govt Ayurveda College Thiruvananthapuram in 1996
- Secretary of House Surgeons Association of Govt Ayurveda College Thiruvananthapuram in 1996-97.
- Chairman of Post Graduate Student’s Association of Govt Ayurveda College Thiruvananthapuram in 1997.
- Organizing secretary of National Seminar on Low Back Pain held at Govt Ayurveda College Thiruvananthapuram in 1997.
- Organizing secretary of National Seminar on Allergic Respiratory Disorders held at Govt Ayurveda College Thiruvananthapuram in 1998.
- Team Manager of the Alva’s Ayurveda Medical College which won the Overall Championship in the Rajivgandhi University of Health Sciences cultural meet in 2001-02. Staff advisor of College Union at Govt Ayurveda College Kannur in 2003.
- Staff Editor of College Magazine at Govt Ayurveda College Kannur in 2004.General Convener of National Seminar on Medical Oncology held at Govt Ayurveda College Kannur in 2005.
- Chairman of Post Graduate Student’s Association of Govt Ayurveda College Kannur in 2006.
- Academic coordinator of Arogyamela – 09 at Thrissur ,in February-09Programme coordinator of state level CME in Roganidana held in June 2010 at Thiruvananthapuram.Convener of the programme committee of National level interactive workshop on Panchakarma organized by CCRAS at Thrissur in 2010.
- Chief Resource Coordinator of Panchakarma Workshop in World Ayurveda Congress 2010 in December 2010. Organizing secretary of State level workshop on ‘Ayurvedic Approach to Endosulfan related diseases’ held in March 23, 2011 at Kannur.
- General Convener of the three day seminar on ‘Cultivation of Medicinal Plants’ held in July, 2011 at Kannur. Secretary of International Ayurveda Seminar held in connection with the Global Ayurveda Festival held in 2012 at Trivandrum.Coordinator of Oushadhakeralam 2013 held at Thrissur to organize the activities of Ayurveda colleges under DAME.
- Chairman of the Programme committee of North zone inter collegiate arts and cultural festival of Kerala University of Health Sciences held in January 2013.
- Chairman of the Programme committee of STATE LEVEL arts and cultural festival of Kerala University of Health Sciences held in May 2013.
- Worked as President and Secretary of Ayurveda College Teachers Association at Kannur unit.Seminar Secretary of International Ayurveda Seminar held in connection with the Global Ayurveda Festival to be held in February 2014 at Kochi.
Other Posts held
- Supervisor of Kerala Ayurveda Medical Team for Commonwealth Games – 2010 New Delhi from October 3rd to 14th 2010.
- Regional Coordinator of National Pharmacovigillance Programme (NPC) for AYUSH drugs for Southern states (2008 – 2010).
- Core group member of Institute in Management in Government (IMG) for STATE TRAINING PROGRAMME in Department of Ayurveda Medical Education (2008 onwards).Special Ayurvedic Consultant of Ayurvedic Clinic of MLA’S Hostel, Trivandrum (2008-2010).
- Expert Member of Research committee of CCRAS New Delhi and Sree Vivekananda Yoga and Ayurveda Research Institue Bangalore in Research committee for DM, CAD, Parkinsonism and Depression(2009).
- Committee member of the syllabus committee of CENTRAL COUNCIL FOR INDIAN MEDICNE in Roganidana.
- (2008,2011)Member of Board of Studies in Ayurveda – UG-Clinical in Kerala University of Health sciences.
- Faculty member of Kannur University in Ayurveda.Member of Board of Studies in Ayurveda in Kerala University.
- PG Examiner in Roganidana in Universities inside and outside Kerala(2009 Onwards)Member in the inspection team of CCIM in the academic year 2011.
- Senior Editor of the Ayurvedic Journal ABHINAVA DHANWANTHARI which is the re publication of the FIRST AYURVEDIC JOURNAL in Ayurveda from Kerala.Deputy Warden of Men’s Hostel at Govt Ayurveda College Kannur from 2004-08.
- Joint Secretary of Parent Teacher’s Association at Govt Ayurveda College Kannur in 2006-07.
- Editor of AGNI- Medical journal on Roganidana published from Govt Ayurveda College, Kannur.
International Scientific Presentations
- Plenary speaker in First Indo Russian Ayurveda Congress held at MOSCOW in April 2013.
- Guest of Honour and Key note Speaker in the first Australian Ayurveda Conference held at Adelaide, AUSTRALIA from 4-8 October 2013.
- Key note speaker in the international yoga and Ayurveda conference held at KANAKAKKUNNU PALACA Trivandrum on 12th January 2014.
- Presented a paper in the international seminar INSIGHT 2013 at Arya Vaidya Pharmacy Coimbatore in Ayurvedic RheumatologyPresented a Key note in World Ayurveda Conference held at Bhopal, India on Stress management in December 2012.
- Key note speaker on the topic Ayurvedic Oncology in Global Ayurveda Festival held at Thiruvananthapuram in 2012.
- Presented papers on Panchakarma and Stress Management in World Ayurveda Conference held at Bangalore in 2010.
- Presented a paper in the International Seminar held at Amala Cancer Institute, Thrissur on Achalasia Cardia on 22nd August 2009.
National level Scientific Presentations
- Resource person in Panchakarma training programmes organized by Central Research Institute, Cheruthuruthi, Kerala (2004 onwards).
- Resource person in Interactive workshop on Ayurvedic Urology Organized by Rashtriya Ayurveda Academy held at BHOPAL in 2007.
- Resource person in National workshop on Chikungunya organized by CCRAS held at NIMHANS BANGALORE in 2007.
- Resource person in CME on Diabetes mellitus held at BHUBANESWAR – January -2009 Resource person in CME on Panchakarma organized by AYUSH held at GOUHATTI – May -2009.
- Presented a paper on – Ayurvedic Education – Need for Revamp-at Sri Sri Ayurveda College, BANGALORE in the national syllabus workshop organized by CCIM in February -2009.
- Presented a paper on Osteoporosis in MYSORE Govt Ayurveda College in the centenary celebrations in February -2009.
- Resource person in CME on Panchakarma organized by Govt of Tripura held at AGARTALA– June -2009Resource person in AYUSH CME programmes in Roganidana, Panchakarma and Kayachikitsa in 2009.
- Resource person in Kayachikitsa ROTP at Government Ayurveda College,Paprola,HIMACHAL PRADESH in October 29,2009.
- Resource person in National seminar on preventive cardiology held at Govt Ayurveda College, Thrippunithura in October 24, 2009.
- Resource person in the National Seminar and Brain storming session on Ayurvedic Neutraceuticals held at CCRAS, BANGALORE in November 20-21, 2009.
- Resource person and invited speaker in the National workshop in developing guidelines for clinical Research in Ayurveda sponsored by WHO, held at IPGT &RA, JAMNAGAR in November 28-30, 2009.
- Presented a paper in the Panchakarma Global Submit held at Thrissur in February 2010.Resource person in the RoTP organized by Dept of Kayachikitsa, J.B Roy State Ayurveda Medical College, Calcutta, WEST BENGAL in March 23,2010 on Diabetic Mellitus.Resource person in the CME organized by Ayurveda College, THIRUPATHI, Andrapradesh on 10th April 2010 on Nasya.
- Resource person in the CME organized by Maniben Hospital, AHMEDABAD, Gujarat on Motor Neuron Disease on 24th April 2010.
- Resource person of multi centre Panchakarma training programme held at TEN states across India organized by Dept of AYUSH and CCRAS from February to June 2010 in the following cities -a.Bangaloreb.Mumbaic.Jaipurd.Ahmedabade.Hyderabadf.Nagpurg.Patnah.Kolkottai.Raipurj.Haridwar
- Presented a paper for HRD Managers of IT companies in BANGALORE – Lifestyle diseases and Ayurveda in December 2010.Invited talk on Diabetes Mellitus in the National Seminar organized by – ‘Pridhwi Foundation’ at CHENNAI on 9th October 2010
- .Presented a paper in the International Ayurveda Conference held at RISHIKESH, India organized by Punarnava on 20th February 2011.Talk in the Lion’s club, CHENNAI, India on Clinical Diagnosis in Ayurveda on 26th Feb 2011.
- Resource person at Panchakarma CME organized by Govt Ayurveda College, PATNA from 7-12 March 2011.
- Resource person at Panchakarma CME organized by Govt Ayurveda College,GOUHATTY, Assam in June 2011Guest speaker in International seminar held at MUMBAI in October 2012 on the topic – Vascular Endothelial Diseases.Resource person at CME on Rheumatology organized by Vaidyaratnam Ayurveda Foundation, Ollur at NEW DELHI in November 2011.
- Resource person in Panchakarma Training programme held at Ayurveda College, THIRUPATHY in April 2013.Key note address in the VAJEEKARANA conference held at KMC, MANIPAL in November 2013.
- Delivered a Guest lecture at SDM College of HASAN Karnataka in November 2013.Guest lecture on vascular endothelial dysfunction at RAJKOT and AHMEDABAD of GUJARATH on 25th AND 26th January 2014.
State level Scientific Presentations
- Resource person in the good number of CMEs for the medical practitioners organized by Ayurveda Medical Association of India in different districts of the state (2003 onwards).
- Resource person in the Founder’s day seminar of KAL on the topic Higher education in Ayurveda in 2007.Resource person in the Annual seminar of Vaidyaratnam P S Varrier’s Aryavaidyasala, Kottakkal on IBS in October 2007.
- Presented various scientific papers for students in Vaidyaratnam Ayurveda College, Ollur, Pankajakasthuri Ayurveda College, Parassinikkadavu Ayurveda College, VPSV College Kottakkal, GAVC, Thrippunithura etc.Presented a paper on Sunstroke and Ayurveda in the Seminar organized by Dept of ISM at Kottayam on 19th March, 2010.
- Presented a paper on Clinical Examination in Neurology in the CME programme organized by AMAI Thiruvananthapuram in May 2010.
- Presented a paper on the – Diagnostic Protocol of Current epidemic Fevers-in the state level Workshop organized by Dept of ISM and AMAI at Calicut on 4th July,2010.
- Presented a paper on –Role of Panchakarma in management of Eye diseases- at Sreedhareeyam, Koothattukulam on 20th August 2010.Resource person in CME organized by AMAI at Angamaly and Guruvayur on Liver diseases and Thyroid diseases on 19th September 2010.
- Presented a paper on Soft tissue Rheumatism for medical officers of Nagarjuna Ayurvedic Group at Thodupuzha on 14th October 2010.
- Conducted a demonstration class on – How to read an X- ray in Rheumatology at IMG, Trivandrum on 15th October 2010.
- Presented a paper on Ayurveda in the National seminar on Manuscripts organized by University of Kerala in December 10 2010 at Thiruvananthapuram.
- Presented two papers in Panchakarma in the CME of Dept of AYUSH held at VPSV Ayurveda College, Kottakkal on 21/1/2011.
- Presented a paper on the topic – Role of Ayurveda in Epidemiology –in Kerala University of Health Sciences symposium held at Medical College, Kolanchery, Kerala on 5th February 2011.
- Presented a paper in the Seminar on the topic – Diagnosis and Evaluation of Spinal Disorders at Calicut organized by Vaidyaratnam Oushadasala, Kerala on 13th Feb 2011.
- Talk on – Ayurveda in Daily Life in the Amrithanandamayi madam at Calicut on 13th Feb 2011.Presented a paper in the AMAI CME at Wayanadu on ‘Clinical diagnosis and Ayurvedic fundamentals’ on 27th February 2011.
- Resource person in seminar on AHARAM AND AYURVEDA organized by AVS Kottakkal in July 2011.Resource person at seminar on Research Methodology organized by GAVC,Tvm in July 2011.
- Resource person at CME on Roganidana organized by VAC,Ollur in July 2011.
- Guest speaker in the ‘Ashtanga Hridaya Parayanam’ programme organized at Amritha Ayurveda School in July 2011.
- Guest speaker on the topic ‘Making of an Ayurvedic Physician’ at Nangelil Ayurveda College in July 2011.
- Resource person at CME on IDDM organized by SNA in July 2011.Resource person at CME on DM organized by Dhatri Ayurveda Foundation in July 2011.
- Presented a paper in the UGC Sponsored National seminar on ‘Nyaya Vaiseshika and Ayurveda’ organized by Govt Sanskrit College, Trivandrum on August 2011.Resource person at Panchakarma CME organized by NRIP, Cheruthuruthy in August 2011.
- Resource person at IMG, Tvm in the training programme for ISM medical officers in August 2011.
- Guest speaker in the seminar organized by Sidha Medical Association at Calicut on Modern diagnostic methods in August 2011.
- Resource person at CME on X Ray diagnosis organized by Ayurveda Medical Association of India – AMAI, Alapuzha July 2011Resource person at CME on Thyroid Diseases organized by AMMOI in April 2011.
- Resource person at CME on Psoriasis organized by Dhatri Ayurveda Foundation at Trivandrum in August 2011.Resource person at CME on Dermatology organized by AMAI, Kottayam in August 2011.
- Resource person in ROTP in Kriyasareera held at GAVC, Trivandrum in March 2012.
- Resource person in National seminar on Agadathanthra held at PAMC, Kannur in April 2012.
- Resource person in the Doctors conferences of Nagarjuna, Dhatri, Sitharam, Vaidyaratnam etc in 2011-12.
- Resource person at CME on Spinal Diseases organized by Nagarjuna Research Foundation in June 2012.
- Resource person at CME on Diabetic Retinopathy organized by AYUSH at Sreedhareeyam, Koothattukulam in January 2013.
- Conducted a series of classes for school children in December Thrissur in connection with the Oushadakeralam 2013.
- Speaker in the programme JIJNASA held at Trivandrum on January 18th 2014Delivered a lecture on GOOD FOOD CULTURE at Govt UPS Edavilakam Trivandrum on Feb 2014 in the MATHRUSANGAMAM programme.
Other Academic Activities
A. Quiz Competitions
- Conducts Multimedia assisted quiz competitions with lectures to facilitate easy learning of Ayurveda for students.
- (2005 0nwards)More than 25 such INFOTOINTMENT PROGRAMMES were conducted in different colleges of Kerala.
- Quiz master in Calicut University Youth festival in 2006-07Quiz master in University level and Inter Ayurveda college level Quiz competitions.
- Conducted quiz for High School Students in Kannur for creating awareness on Ayurveda (2011)Conducted a quiz for Ayurveda College students at Chennai on Feb 26th 2011, organized by Lions Club, Chennai.
- Quiz master in Ashtangahridaya based training sessions organized by AVP , Coimbatore (2010 Onwards).
- Quiz master in Ashtangahridaya Satram (2008 Onwards)
–A unique programme for improving Sanskrit and Sloka learning skill among Ayurvedic Students
First Hridayamanjari was conducted in the KISMA festival at Calicut in February 2013
–Classical way of debating on Ayurvedic Topics for sharpening the knowledge
- Conducts Thadvidyasambhasha in different Ayurvedic gatherings from 2010 onwards.
- Conducted Thadvidyasambhasha of WAC Bangalore in December 2010.Moderator in the Scientific Discussion – Thadvidyasambhasha – in the International Ayurveda Conference held at Rishikesh on 18th Feb 2011.
- Conducted Thadvidyasambhasha at Global Ayurveda Festival at Thiruvananthapuram in 2012.
- Conducted free coaching classes for PG entrance examinations for Ayurvedic graduates in Govt Ayurveda College, Kannur.
- Regular writer in Malayalam health monthly magazine MATHRUBHUMI AROYAMASIKA and other publications.Regular presenter in AROGYABHARATHAM health programme of DOORDARSAN.(2013 onwards)
- Kannur ` Dr. S.Gopakumar