A case of Postulated psoriasis, managed at Astang Ayurveda with Ayurveda Pancha Karma Treatment (Left before and Right after treatment)
Psoriasis is a non-contagious skin disease.Scaling, itching, red/white elevated patches and arthritis (psoriatic arthritis) causing limbs deformity are the physical signs and symptoms. Inconsistent mind, loss of confidence are some of the many psychological symptoms. The disesase is of different types, like plaque, guttate, plantar and palmar, erythrodermic, pustulated, scalp, inverse and nail psoriasis. Accordingly signs and symptoms are also different. Patchy Scaling, dusting, fissure in plantar area and palmar area are observed. Dandruff like scales are seen over scalp. The Tibial part of the lower leg, front or back side of knee or elbow joint are affected. Umblicus, internal ear, gropin area are also affected. The nail bed is detached or pits are observed on nail. Psoriasis Causes
What causes psoriasis? Psoriasis Causes
Causes of this disease that causes social withdrawal are not particularized till date. Psoriasis Causes
After all psychological stress, heredity, pollution, dry climate, allergic body, protein malnutrition, wrong food habit and life style and immunity deficiency are the main reasons behind this disease.
What trouble comes before the patient?
• The patient consults dermatologist at the department of dermatology and skin specialist as a first preference.
• Unfortunately the skin doctor prescribes some antibiotics, antihistamine, anti inflammatory drug and steroid medicines used in chemotherapy along with some topical skin ointment.
• This type of skin care does not help in eliminating the reason behind the disease. Rather it tries to suppress the disease make it more and more chronic.
• That helps the disease recur again and again. Repeated recurrence brings up an idea that this disease is not curable.
• The patient is prescribed with Methotrexate a commonly used drug for chemotherapy.
• Side effects of Methotreaxate takes the patient’s life into a lane of darkness. It creates liver dysfunction. Also the patient may come across problems like dyspnoe and many others.
Click here for Treatment
Written by Dr A P Nayak